Announcing the Third Annual Healthcare Information Security Today SurveyAnnouncing the Third Annual Healthcare Information Security Today Survey
Information Security Media Group (ISMG), publisher of HealthcareInfoSecurity, announces its third annual Healthcare Information Security Today survey, which measures progress toward ensuring the privacy and security of healthcare information, as well as compliance with the HIPAA Omnibus Rule.
This web-based research study was created by ISMG with the counsel of top healthcare and security experts. The survey, sponsored by (ISC)², explores how information security leaders are taking steps to respond to today's key challenges.
The survey will:
- Examine the evolving state of information security at U.S. healthcare organizations, including compliance with HIPAA Omnibus;
- Showcase the steps security leaders are taking to prevent breaches, protect electronic health records and address the risks posed by mobile devices;
- Project the emerging technologies and strategies where healthcare organizations are investing their resources;
- Review the state of information security at hospitals, clinics, health plan providers and integrated delivery systems to determine strengths and weaknesses.
The annual Healthcare Information Security Today survey gives healthcare information security professionals and other senior executives insights that they can track and measure over time. Last year's survey results showed, for example:
- Healthcare organizations were more confident in their ability to thwart external threats than they were about mitigating internal threats;
- Keeping up with risk assessments was a challenge; and
- Top priorities for 2013 included improving regulatory compliance, boosting security education and preventing and detecting breaches.
Take the survey now at https://www.healthcareinfosecurity.com/surveys/state-healthcare-information-security-today-s-23. Results will be presented in a variety of ways on the HealthcareInfoSecurity website, including an in-depth report, expert interviews and a webinar featuring exclusive insight and analysis.
For more information on the Healthcare Information Security Today survey, please contact Marianne Kolbasuk McGee, managing editor of HealthcareInfoSecurity, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Security Media Group publishes HealthcareInfoSecurity, BankInfoSecurity, CUInfoSecurity, GovInfoSecurity, InfoRiskToday, DataBreachToday and CareersInfoSecurity. These digital media sites offer news, views, research and education on the top industry, security, regulatory and technology challenges facing information security leaders worldwide. Each site is guided by an advisory board of renowned thought-leaders from business, government and education.
ISMG's suite of educational webinars offers hands-on training by knowledgeable practitioners and is available to individual and corporate subscribers.
ISMG's custom research, including the Healthcare Information Security Today, Faces of Fraud and Cloud Computing Security surveys, is routinely featured at leading industry events, such as the RSA Conference and BAI Payments Connect.
(ISC)² is the largest not-for-profit membership body of certified information and software security professionals worldwide, with over 93,000 members in more than 135 countries. Globally recognized as the Gold Standard, (ISC)² issues the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) and related concentrations, as well as the Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP®), the Certified Cyber Forensics Professional (CCFPSM), Certified Authorization Professional (CAP®), HealthCare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner (HCISPPSM), and Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP®) credentials to qualifying candidates. (ISC)²'s certifications are among the first information technology credentials to meet the stringent requirements of ISO/IEC Standard 17024, a global benchmark for assessing and certifying personnel. (ISC)² also offers education programs and services based on its CBK®, a compendium of information and software security topics. More information is available at www.isc2.org.
© 2013, (ISC)² Inc., (ISC)², CISSP, ISSAP, ISSMP, ISSEP, CSSLP, CAP, SSCP and CBK are registered marks, and CCFP and HCISPP are service marks, of (ISC)2, Inc.