HealthcareInfoSecurity Announces Inaugural List of InfluencersHealthcareInfoSecurity Announces Inaugural List of Influencers
HealthcareInfoSecurity announces the publication of its inaugural Top 10 Influencers in Healthcare Information Security for 2013.
Published by Information Security Media Group (ISMG), HealthcareInfoSecurity's interactive slideshow acknowledges individuals and organizations that play critical roles in shaping the way healthcare organizations approach information security and privacy. Their influence ranges from shaping or reshaping regulations to providing needed benchmarks for response to emerging threats. HealthcareInfoSecurity's team of editors made the selections based on interviews and news coverage throughout 2012.
The Top 10 Influencers in Health InfoSec for 2013 include:
- Dixie Baker, Senior Partner, Martin, Blanck & Associates
- Deven McGraw, Director, Health Privacy Project, Center for Democracy & Technology
- Farzad Mostashari, M.D., National Coordinator for Health IT
- Mark Olson, CISO, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Deborah Peel, M.D., Founder & Chair, Patient Privacy Rights
- Joy Pritts, Chief Privacy Officer, Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT
- Marc Probst, Vice President, CIO, Intermountain Healthcare
- Leon Rodriguez, Director, HHS Office for Civil Rights
- Micky Tripathi, CEO, Massachusetts eHealth Collaborative
- Sheila Walsh-McDonald, Utah Health Data Security Ombudsman
- In Memoriam: Terrell Herzig, Information Security Officer, UAB Health System
"Each of these top 10 Influencers makes a substantial impact," writes HealthcareInfoSecurity Managing Editor Marianne Kolbasuk McGee. "Their influence ranges from shaping national health data security and privacy regulations to providing real-life breach prevention insights and leading grass-root efforts to help patients deal with data privacy threats."
To view the slideshow and read our analysis on the selections, please visit https://www.healthcareinfosecurity.com/top-10-influencers-in-health-infosec-a-5371.
Information Security Media Group publishes BankInfoSecurity, CUInfoSecurity, GovInfoSecurity, HealthcareInfoSecurity, InfoRiskToday, DataBreachToday and CareersInfoSecurity. These digital media sites offer news, views, research and education on the top industry, security, regulatory and technology challenges facing information security leaders worldwide. Each site is guided by an advisory board of renowned thought-leaders from business, government and education.
ISMG's suite of educational webinars offers hands-on training by knowledgeable practitioners and is available to individual and corporate subscribers.
ISMG's custom research, including the Healthcare Information Security Today, Faces of Fraud and Cloud Computing Security surveys, is routinely featured at leading industry events, such as RSA Conference and BAI Payments Connect.