Rise of Cryptocurrency Malware
A new exploit opportunity has fallen into the laps of Cybercriminals. They have now set their sights on the virtual (and volatile) world of cryptocurrency. Since the start of 2017 various currencies have rocketed and tumbled in value - this represents a valuable new opportunity for cybercriminals to increase their malware opportunistic riches!
Join us as we discuss:
- How the malware landscape has evolved to include the development of exploits to take advantage of Bitcoin, blockchain, and cryptocurrency technology
- A dive into the main technological, geopolitical, legal, and economic aspects of cryptocurrency malware and predictions about the future
- Details about ransomware families such as Petya, WannaCry, Locky, and Cryptolocker as well as coin mining Trojans
- A review of the lessons learned from these exploits and how to best protect against them
- How security automation is going to be a vitally important tool in your evolving cyber-toolkit.