Encryption is skyrocketing both inside corporate networks and on the public internet - and studies show that more and more attackers are using this trend to hide their activities from your SOC:
- 70% of malware binaries sampled in the 2018 Annual Cybersecurity Report from Cisco took advantage of encrypted network traffic in one way or another;
- Malware specifically using SSL encryption went up by 60% in 2017;
- The TLS 1.3 standard makes it extremely difficult for SecOps teams to detect and investigate threats.
Luckily, there are methods you can use to embrace encryption in the enterprise without sacrificing your ability to see, hunt, and stop attackers. Read the technical brief for a deep dive into:
- Why decryption capabilities are crucial for the modern SOC;
- The two primary methods for accessing and decrypting data for security analytics;
- How ExtraHop Reveal(x), Network Traffic Analytics for the enterprise, gives you access to critical data with need-to-know decryption and no performance impacts.