When it comes to endpoint security, large organizations find themselves in a difficult situation. Most enterprises have host-based security software (i.e., antivirus software) installed on almost every PC and server, yet their IT assets are constantly attacked - and often compromised - by sophisticated malware and targeted attacks.
This white paper concludes:
- Host-based software can no longer provide adequate protection on its own;
- Large organizations need a new endpoint security strategy;
- Enterprises should assess and enrich endpoint security in four areas:
- Improve malware detection and blocking;
- Decrease endpoint attack surface for attack prevention;
- Increase visibility and monitoring of endpoint configuration, activities, and behavior;
- Integrate across the existing security infrastructure.